Re: [Linux-cluster] FAQ correction ?!

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 16:49, Hugues Lafarge wrote:
> I'm not sure i correctly understand
> http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#cman_2to3 so i'm kindly asking
> you if there is not a typo in the following sentence:
>
> 8. How do I add a third node to my two-node cluster?
>
>  Unfortunately, two-node clusters are a special case. Because a
>  two-node cluster only needs two nodes to establish quorum, the only
>  way to add a third node is to shut down the cluster, add the third
>  node into your /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file and get rid of
>  two_node="1", then restart all three nodes.
>

> I would have expected that to be:
>
>  Unfortunately, two-node clusters are a special case. Because a
>  two-node cluster only needs ONE NODE to establish quorum, ...
>
> Am i right there, or misunderstanding something ?

In my opinion, you're both correct.
But, this sentence can be easier to understand:
Two-node clusters are a special case. Because a
two-node cluster only needs two nodes to establish quorum, the only
way to add a third node is to shut down the cluster, add the third
node into your /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file (either by hand or
system-config-cluster), copy it into the newly joined cluster, and restart
all of the nodes. (the two_node="1" will be removed automatically by
system-config-cluster).

http://linux2.arinet.org
5:07pm up 8:33, 2.6.18.2-34-default GNU/Linux