RE: [Linux-cluster] Advice on setting up Resources for Postgres

It's not just "if 2 systems access it at the same time" - the filesystem
itself my get corrupted (yes, I've seen journaled filesystems get
corrupted.)  Which means the filesystem on a SAN becomes a single point
of failure. For this reason, I have a 3rd MySQL server set up as a slave
replication server to my clustered MySQL database. It provides that
extra layer of protection against this SPoF.

Food for thought.

--Jeff
SME - UNIX
OpSource Inc.