Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS and RHCS will be included now in RHEL4 Advanced Platform ?

The RHEL 5 Advanced Platform provides a great deal, both in terms of functionality and price.  Advanced Platform only exists on RHEL 5, there is no RHEL 4 Advanced Platform. It does not include the entitlements to run GFS & Cluster Suite on RHEL 4.  RHEL 4 packaging is the same as before.

If you have a RHEL 4 AS entitlement you can call Red Hat and upgrade, for no charge, into the RHEL 5 AP platform which includes GFS & Cluster Suite.

- Rob

Roger Peña wrote:
Hi
I just email sales contact in redhat but I do not get
an anwser yet :-( I guess they are very busy now :-)

According to redhat website, now GFS and Cluster suit
are included in the Advanced Platform , what does that
mean for RHEL-4 GFS and Cluster suit?

If I now buy a RHEL Advanced Platform license what do
I get is just for RHEL-5 plataform? or this features:

http://www.redhat.com/rhel/server/advanced/

are also true for RHEL-4 line of products ?

more precise, one month ago, if I would had to have
support for RHEL4 GFS I would had to buy this:
two RHEL licenses
two GFS licenses
which mean more than $5k .
now with only $3k I got the same for RHEL5 plataform.
what I need to know is: the same is true for RHEL-4
plataform?

thanks
roger

RedHat Certified Engineer ( RHCE )
Cisco Certified Network Associate ( CCNA )