[Linux-cluster] storage clustering without SAN

Hi Everyone,
             I am looking for a storage solution where there is NO
common storage area like a SAN. But just a bunch of PC clustered togther
with their internal disk space used collectively as a storage area.

Can you suggest me any information that talks about such an
architecture ?

Can I use the redhat clustering suite with these bunch of PC
connected on a ethernet network ?

Do I have to use GFS , if RHCS is employed ?

I'll appreciate your answer to the above.

Thanks & Regards
Shailesh P S