Re: [Linux-cluster] Cluster in virtual machines ???

With Xen you can present the disk to both servers simultaneously.  In the device entry it is important to specify that the device mode is w!.  The ! tells Xen to allow both VMs to access it at the same time.

I do this with AoE (ATA over Ethernet).  kblade or vblade could do this for you as well.

On Mar 21, 2007, at 1:12 AM, nirmal tom wrote:

hi,
Its possible through iscsi,gnbd even NFSv4.But iscsi and gnbd makes sense.
Open source project is

and is working too nice for me

regards,
Nirmal Tom
From: qua nong <quanong_os yahoo com>
To: linux clustering <linux-cluster redhat com>
Subject: [Linux-cluster] Cluster in virtual machines ???
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:45:48 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

I have only 1 physical server with a number of local harddisks (no SAN or external hardisks).
I would like set up at least 2 virtual machines using either xen or vmware server, then cluster the virtual machines.

I wonder how could  the same disks be presented to both virtual machines. i.e. both virtual machines can share the same disks ?
Is it possible to configure the iSCSI to both virtual machines ?

The problem is I donnot have any SAN or external storage which  can be shared to both servers.

QN

--
Jayson Vantuyl
Systems Architect