[Linux-cluster] rgmanager is ping-ponging service

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 22:03:41 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 11:00 +0100, Mark Hlawatschek wrote:
> Hi Lon,
>
> as this issue is not solved with patch attached in bz#222484, do you have any
> ideas what is going wrong here?

This is definitely something that should end up in bugzilla, if it isn't
already (it might be; I didn't check yet).

It looks like what's going on is that we bring up the IP, but when we do
a "ping-self" test, it's failing (even though somehow the link-check is
succeeding?).  We can, I suppose, do this test after bringing up the IP
address to prevent the "start" from succeeding (e.g. attached patch
should do this).

However, I'm not sure it will help.  In your logs, it says that
10.226.3.80 started successfully - however, it didn't even *mention*
10.0.46.46 in the start phase for whatever reason (but it does in the
status phase).

* Could you tell me your netmasks of your 10.x.x.x addresses on bond0
and bond1?

-- Lon