[Linux-cluster] rgmanager is ping-ponging service

Mark Hlawatschek hlawatschek at atix.de
Mon Mar 26 09:28:43 UTC 2007

Hi Lon,

> This is definitely something that should end up in bugzilla, if it isn't
> already (it might be; I didn't check yet).
>
> It looks like what's going on is that we bring up the IP, but when we do
> a "ping-self" test, it's failing (even though somehow the link-check is
> succeeding?).  We can, I suppose, do this test after bringing up the IP
> address to prevent the "start" from succeeding (e.g. attached patch
> should do this).
Note, in the test I did a ifdown bond1 to disable the interface. I haven't
unplugged the cables.

> However, I'm not sure it will help.  In your logs, it says that
> 10.226.3.80 started successfully - however, it didn't even *mention*
> 10.0.46.46 in the start phase for whatever reason (but it does in the
> status phase).
>
> * Could you tell me your netmasks of your 10.x.x.x addresses on bond0
> and bond1?
10.0.46.46 belongs to bond1 with netmask 255.255.248.0
10.226.3.80 belongs to bond2 with netmask 255.255.248.0

Mark

--
Gruss / Regards,

Dipl.-Ing. Mark Hlawatschek
http://www.atix.de/
http://www.open-sharedroot.org/

**
ATIX - Ges. fuer Informationstechnologie und Consulting mbH
Einsteinstr. 10 - 85716 Unterschleissheim - Germany