[Linux-cluster] Making gfs-deploy-tool dist agnostic (somewhat)

I'm trying to really clean up my cluster deployment and while looking at GFS came across this.

http://people.redhat.com/rkenna/gfs-deploy-tool/html.doc/

To be upfront, I my dist of choice doesn't use an rpm based binary package system. Is there or would there be any objection to add in the ability for other backends.. eg.. debs? My timeframe is about 30 days to take a poke at this so I'm in no rush. Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,

Christopher