Re: [Linux-cluster] Making gfs-deploy-tool dist agnostic (somewhat)

Nathan J Dragun wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom netsyncro com>
Date: Monday, March 26, 2007 2:15 pm
Subject: [Linux-cluster] Making gfs-deploy-tool dist agnostic (somewhat)

I'm trying to really clean up my cluster deployment and while looking at GFS came across this.

http://people.redhat.com/rkenna/gfs-deploy-tool/html.doc/

To be upfront, I my dist of choice doesn't use an rpm based binary package system. Is there or would there be any objection to add in the ability for other backends.. eg.. debs? My timeframe is about 30 days to take a poke at this so I'm in no rush. Any feedback is appreciated.
Cheers,

Christopher

You should be able to just install the deb based "rpm" package, which will allow you to install rpm based packages.
I'll have to actually try using this to understand what this means, but from what I read.. gfs-deploy will initiate the install of any additional deps (rpms) needed for the target nodes? Granted I can change my images to include the deps by default, but is really the same functionality? w/o having actually tried this. will the deployment fail if it doesn't find the "rpms"..

Thanks

C.