Re: [Linux-cluster] Making gfs-deploy-tool dist agnostic (somewhat)

C. Bergström wrote:
Sebastian Walter wrote:
As looking on the gfs-deploy page I can't find anything really exciting about this project, most of the features are already covered by the Cluster Suite.
gfs-deploy from reading the docs appears to be an almost idiot proof tool to deploy......... gfs... Whereas the link you sent is just the dependency packages that by themselves have no interface to deploy other than manually on each node/target. Correct me if I'm wrong?
The link gives you the packages (you just import the repository in yum as described) and the manuals for the Cluster Suite (CS) and GFS. According to the gfs manual, you can't install it without CS at all (for Redhat and his friends; at least, not in a idiot-proof way e.g. cluster.conf). After a first manual distribution of the cluster.conf file the CS arranges the distribution of all services and shared file systems. The deployment of the rpm's is done by the rocks cluster distribution, which is really comfortable and worth a look.

Good luck!
Sebastian