[Linux-cluster] LVS+GFS+GNBD

Lee Siang Fong sflee at wou.edu.my
Wed Mar 28 01:29:15 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I am planning to use only 2 nodes clusters sharing 1 storage location, which is a Raid 5 SCSI hard drives of another HP DL385 machine. Appreciate if you advise me the following:-

1. Can GNBD work well in this case?
2. I have successfully installed GNBD  and GFS( all in one server) and mount it locally to 2 web cluster nodes(I put mount command in rc.local), but when 1 do simulation on shutting down 2 webservers, it hung; i have to manually shut it down. When I start both servers, it takes very long time to startup, sometimes it also hung? Any suggestion?
3. I hardly  find GFS mounting instruction in RHCS tools, I tried to mount GFS as  Shared Resources, but it can only mount at 1 server at a time.
4. I have used back the old school method, I only used NFS for my data. May  I know if there are any performance issues? ( i think we have little chances to faced data corruption due to most of the clients are merely downloading the contents).

Thanks a and sorry for my bad english.

Rdgs
SFLee