[Linux-cluster] RHCS Coraid/ATAoe compatibility

Jayson Vantuyl jvantuyl at engineyard.com
Wed Mar 28 14:17:43 UTC 2007

We don't have benchmarks per se, but I've had Rsync's float anywhere
between 6 MB/s and 40 MB/s depending on load and file distribution.
Considering that GFS1 is not extremely friendly to stat'ing 100,000
files, I've usually felt this was pretty good.  You'll find that any
metadata-heavy load is pretty slow in GFS in general.  We find that
it's generally pretty close to local disks.  Good enough for large
scale file storage but perhaps a bit below what you'd put behind a
ultra-fast DBMS.

On Mar 28, 2007, at 5:38 AM, Ramon van Alteren wrote:

> Jayson Vantuyl wrote:
>> The newer units are actually quite a bit faster.  Also, I highly
>> recommend connecting your Coraids in a dual-network / not-cross-
>> connected fashion.
> Interesting, any benchmarks on real-life gfs usage ?
> I've seen the coraid ones, but we never got that performance out of
> gfs.
>
> Grtz Ramon

Jayson Vantuyl
Systems Architect