Re: [Linux-cluster] RHCS without shared Quorum disk

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Hanny Tidore wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to setup HA using Redhat Cluster Suite with only 2 servers,
without a shared disk. Which version of RHCS support this.

To my knowledge, RHCS requires a quorum disk (a shared disk). This is an
expensive solution (we have implemented using RHCS version 3). Hence we are
looking at ways to have HA without the shared disk.

You can use RHCS without a quorum disk in the current version of RHCS for RHEL 4. I do not believe this functionality made it into the RHEL 3 RHCS.

Barry