[Linux-cluster] Different Distros: GFS

I thought I read long ago when starting with GFS that in order to make a
cluster function, you needed to have the same versions across the nodes.

However, does that also mean that I could use different distributions?

I have cases where I need to use different Linux versions, RHEL and CentOS but
need them all to be in the cluster. Is that an issue?

Mike