Re: [Linux-cluster] reducing heartbeat interval

garylua singnet com sg wrote:
> Hi, hwo do i go about changing the heartbeat intervals for cluster suite for RHEL4? Is the minimum 5 seconds, or can i go even lower, like 1 sec? thanks

cluster.conf parameters (eg):

<cman hello_timer="1" deadnode_timer="10"/>

The number are integer seconds so 1 is the smallest value you can have. Before
you put that into production though, check it under load because high I/O or
network loads can cause spurious node "failures".

see /proc/cluster/config/cman for all the changeable values.

--
Patrick

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 ITE, UK.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903