[Linux-cluster] RHEL 5/CentOS 5 cluster?

Tarun Reddy treddy at rallydev.com
Mon May 7 21:18:36 UTC 2007

On May 7, 2007, at 3:08 PM, Eric Schneider wrote:

> I have tried CentOS 5 (i386 and x64) and SL 5 (i386) and I cannot
> get a 2
> node cluster to startup.  I ask questions in the CentOS IRC channel
> and on
> their forums, but no one has a solution.  I can get a RHEL 4
> cluster working
> without issues.  Is there something broken in RHEL 5 and clones?

While testing out CentOS 5 last month, I was successful in getting a
two node cluster up and running. I turned off SELinux and made sure
that iptables was off. Also, I had to start the services immediately
at the same time (clusterssh really helps here). But it did work. I
reverted back to RHEL4 because of licensing issues (RHEL 5 is
different that RHEL4 and clustering wasn't available) and system-
config-cluster was broken.

Tarun