Re: [Linux-cluster] RHEL 5/CentOS 5 cluster?

On May 7, 2007, at 3:08 PM, Eric Schneider wrote:

I have tried CentOS 5 (i386 and x64) and SL 5 (i386) and I cannot get a 2 node cluster to startup. I ask questions in the CentOS IRC channel and on their forums, but no one has a solution. I can get a RHEL 4 cluster working
without issues.  Is there something broken in RHEL 5 and clones?

While testing out CentOS 5 last month, I was successful in getting a two node cluster up and running. I turned off SELinux and made sure that iptables was off. Also, I had to start the services immediately at the same time (clusterssh really helps here). But it did work. I reverted back to RHEL4 because of licensing issues (RHEL 5 is different that RHEL4 and clustering wasn't available) and system- config-cluster was broken.

Tarun