[Linux-cluster] cluster ( OpenMP )

angle angle angle1321 at hotmail.com
Sun May 13 14:17:38 UTC 2007

	I begin to learn about cluster techonlogy. I would like to compare the
efficiency of shared memory and distributed memory so I must use the similar
tools in my cluster project.I think I will use the tools as below.

           1. fedora core 5
           2. oscar 5.0
           3. pbs

     In the shared memory I will use OpenMP library that is in fedora core5.
In the distributed memory I will use MPI that I can choose between lam/mpi
and mpich in the step of oscar installation. What do you think about the
tool that I will use?  Can I use it?

    ***  I 'm not sure that I can use OpenMP because in oscar installation
it has lam/mpi or mpich to choose but OpenMP doesn't. Otherwise, I'm not
sure that in OpenMP,Can PBS  use for assign the jobs for compute nodes?