[Linux-cluster] Cluster Quorate but cannot mount GFS

Hi all,

I have set up a 3-node cluster.
When I start 2 nodes, it gets quorate.

But when I try to mount a GFS I get this error message:
	# mount -o acl /dev/sdb1 /gfs
	/sbin/mount.gfs: lock_dlm_join: gfs_controld join error: -22
	/sbin/mount.gfs: error mounting lockproto lock_dlm

Only when I start the 3rd node, so all nodes have joined the cluster, I am able to mount the GFS. When I then shutdown one of the nodes. The resting 2 nodes keep the quorum and mounting GFS is no problem.

My questions:

1. Is it normal and wanted that, when I start the cluster, I have to start all nodes to mount GFS although the cluster gets quorate with less than all nodes.

2. If yes, what is the recommended method to start the cluster and mount GFS when one node cannot come up because of a defect?