Re: [Linux-cluster] RHEL4 U5 dependencies missing

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 17:51 +0200, David Touitou wrote:
Hello all.

Brand new to the list, I'm trying to setup my first RHCS with a couple of Proliant DL385 (with iLO) and a StorageWorks 500G2.

We're trying to setup RHCS but we're stuck with the fence package.

We did :
# up2date --force --installall=rhel-i386-as-4-cluster

up2date correctly installed most of the package but fence :

Name                                    Version        Rel
fence                                   1.32.45        1                 i686

Testing package set / solving RPM inter-dependencies...
There was a package dependency problem. The message was:

Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
fence  1.32.45-1                         requires libnss3.so
fence  1.32.45-1                         requires libnss3.so(NSS_3.2)
fence  1.32.45-1                         requires libnss3.so(NSS_3.4)

The following packages were added to your selection to satisfy dependencies:
Package                                Required by

Do you have any clue about this ?

We added the fence_xvm fencing agent to the Cluster 4.5 release.  This allows paravirtual rhel 4.5 guests to run as a cluster communicating with the fence_xvmd daemon running in the rhel 5.0 domain 0 to allow fencing to occur.  There is authentication that occurs between the guests and the domain 0 daemon that uses libnss from seamonkey.  Thus, the new dependency on the seamonkey packages.  So, install seamonkey-nss and the problem gets resolved.