Re: [Linux-cluster] gfs not starting (lvm problem)[solved]

so the main issue was that I was trying to save myself some work and upgrade all the packages
via up2date EXCEPT all the kernel packages.. evidently there were some programs like udev or
lvm that got updated that deffinately needed those kernel updates and therefore my services
werent getting started and other weirdness..
so I bit the bullet and downloaded and recompiled all the updates off the redhat site
ftp.redhat.com:/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/4AS/en/RHGFS/SRPMS/
and
ftp.redhat.com:/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/4AS/en/RHCS/SRPMS/
and installed them and rebooted and now everything is completely back to working.

regards,
Jason