[Linux-cluster] Can telnet or ssh be a clustered service?

Neil Watson redhat at watson-wilson.ca
Thu May 24 13:27:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 08:20:28AM -0500, Brad Filipek wrote:
>   Can telnet or ssh be setup as a clustered service? I do not see either of
>   them as an option in the "resource" list.

You can cluster any service you want.  However, clustering SSH would
have one problem that I can think of.  As the cluster failed from node
to node the SSH host key would change relative to the client.  This
would cause the SSH clients to report this change.  Any automated SSH
scripts could fail when this happens.

--
Neil Watson             | Debian Linux
System Administrator    | Uptime 20 days