[Linux-cluster] Clusterng with GFS

Jayson Vantuyl jvantuyl at engineyard.com
Wed May 30 10:10:12 UTC 2007

You should not be unmounting the GFS anywhere.  GFS should be mounted
everywhere.  With proper fencing (which is a MUST, no avoiding it)
GFS can recover from losing a node with no downtime.  Then you just
need to have the appropriate daemons and cleanup scripts running
(usually from rgmanager).

If you want to failover a normal volume (another way to do this),
just use XFS, reiserfs, or ext3.

On May 30, 2007, at 6:29 AM, Daniel Fernanduz wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am trying to implement a failover cluster with shared storage
> concept (Postgresql Database 7.4).
> RHEL AS 4.0 + RHCS + GFS
>
> I am having two gfs volumes which gets mounted by cluster when any
> of the nodes in
> cluster takes control. The volumes are getting mounted by the
> cluster whenever a node takes
> control, but not getting unmounted when the node leaves the
> cluster. Especially when primary
> node takes control, the volumes mounted on the secondary node (Node
> which gives control to the
> primary node) is not getting unmounted. Anybody plz help me to
> solve this issue. Thanks for the help in advance
>

> Regards
> J. DANIEL

Jayson Vantuyl
Systems Architect