[Linux-cluster] lvm locking type 2, still used?

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Wed May 30 12:34:33 UTC 2007

I am adding nodes and just noticed something interesting. When I started with
GFS/Clustering, one of the requirements which I made a note of was having to
modify the /etc/lvm/lvm.conf in the following manner for my RHEL4 machines;

locking_type = 2
and
locking_library = "/usr/lib/liblvm2clusterlock.so"

I just noticed that over time, this file was changed back to what it used to
be by default which is;

locking_type = 1
and
locking_library path has been removed.

This is not something I've done, it's happened over time, using yum to keep
things up to date. Yet, the cluster works just fine and all volumes can be
seen. Did I miss something about not needing to do this anymore?

Mike