Re: [Linux-cluster] Mount drive with bad superblock?

isplist logicore net wrote:

Have you fsck'd it using one of the alternate superblocks?

Yes, I have. I think I noted all of the steps I've taken to date. I know all of the basic things to recover and none are working which is why I thought I'd ask before messing it up any further.

It's fibre channel aggregated storage space, not the typical single physical drive so it's a little tricky. I know there is still a lot of good data on there which is why I'm trying to be very careful.

Mike

Not sure which filesystem you are talking about ? Based on the "alternate superblocks", I would assume it is ext3 ? If this is GFS, there is an un-published utility called "gfs_edit" that can be used.

-- Wendy