Re: [Linux-cluster] Mount drive with bad superblock?

isplist logicore net wrote:
Not sure which filesystem you are talking about ? Based on the
"alternate superblocks", I would assume it is ext3 ?  If this is GFS,
there is an un-published utility called "gfs_edit" that can be used.

It was LVM based but I think it was just ext2 or ext3 as a backup to some of the GFS storage. If it was just a drive, I could plug it into another machine, mount it and just get what ever I can off of it using a win machine and software.

My ext2/3 memory is rusty so really can't help much. Have you tried "debugfs /dev/your-lvm-lv-path" to see whether you could get any luck with it ? IIRC, debugfs should allow you to hand edit the ext2/3 partition. Or you can dd the partition "dd if=/dev/your-lvm-lv-path of=/dev/plain-simple-drive ...... ", then take your /dev/plain-simple-drive to a window box as you described above.

-- Wendy