[Linux-cluster] GFS volumes in Cluster Suite

Let me first say I’m new to RedHat Cluster Suite and GFS. I’ve setup a couple GFS filesystems that are mounted across several servers in a cluster. Can some one explain the best practice of configuring the cluster with GFS filesystems? If I’m running a horizontally scaled applications do I define a Failover Domain?  I’ve created the GFS resources for each GFS I have mounted, how do you get the GFS filesystems to mount when node joins a cluster and unmount when a node leaves the cluster? Does it require a script resource to do the unmount/mount?

Is there a way to make a resource non-critical for example backup network that floats in a HA configuration is not critical enough to cause a failover if for some reason it goes down. What is the best way to do this?

thanks