[Linux-cluster] GFS volumes in Cluster Suite

Robbie Pike rfpike at fedex.com
Thu May 31 17:16:34 UTC 2007

Let me first say I'm new to RedHat Cluster Suite and GFS. I've setup a
couple GFS file systems that are mounted across several servers in a
cluster. Can some one explain the best practice of configuring the
cluster with GFS file systems? If I'm running a horizontally scaled
applications do I define a Failover Domain?  I've created the GFS
resources for each GFS I have mounted, how do you get the GFS file
systems to mount when node joins a cluster and unmount when a node
leaves the cluster? Does it require a script resource to do the
unmount/mount?

Is there a way to make a resource non-critical for example backup
network that floats in a HA configuration is not critical enough to
cause a failover if for some reason it goes down. What is the best way
to do this?

thanks