Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS RG size (and tuning)

Wendy Cheng wrote:
2. The gfs_scand issue is more to do with the number of glock count. One way to tune this is via purge_glock tunable. There is an old write-up in: http://people.redhat.com/wcheng/Patches/GFS/readme.gfs_glock_trimming.R4 . It is for RHEL4 but should work the same way for RHEL5.
Sorry, you apparently mis-understood what I meant about "work the same way as in RHEL5". The logic and tunable setting are identical but the code (patch) itself will have to depend on individual RHEL release and update versions.

Also I read your previous mailing list post with "df" issue - didn't have time to comment. Note that both RHEL 4.6 and RHEL 5.1 will have a "fast_statfs" tunable that is specifically added to speed up the "df" command. Give it a try. If it works well, we'll switch it from a tunable to default (so people don't have to suffer from GFS1's df command so much).

-- Wendy