Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS directory freezing unexpectedly under pressure ...

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007, tam_annie aliceposta it wrote:

Well, I really think so: I always used 'gfs' in my command lines, never 'gfs2' ...; gfs_fsck runs well on that filesystem, while gfs2_fsck returns:

[root orarac1 ~]# gfs2_fsck /dev/vg_share/lv_share_1
Initializing fsck
Old gfs1 file system detected.

That seems fairly conclusive.

To make my doubts even greater, I noticed (with my great surprise) that my gfs kernel module is using the gfs2 kernel module:

That's normal. Confusing, but normal. It surprised me, too, when I first noticed.

I'd greatly appreciate your sharing your working GFS1 configuration with me, if it's possible.

Sure, but it'll be a couple of days before my cluster is up and running again.

Gordan