[Linux-cluster] Shutting down a cluster

Ward, Timothy - SSD Timothy.Ward at itt.com
Mon Nov 5 18:01:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, James Fidell wrote:
> According to the FAQ, to shut down a cluster node it's necessary to do
>
>   # cman_tool leave remove
>
> before shutting down a cluster node.  On my CentOS5 servers however, I
get:

>   # cman_tool leave remove
>   cman_tool: Error leaving cluster: Device or resource busy
>
> There are no errors in the logs to indicate why this might be and it
> happens even if I run it immediately after running the cman init
script
> without any services being run yet.
>
> Is this the wrong thing to be doing now, or is there some way to find
> out why the node can't leave the cluster?
>
> James

Try:
# cman_tool force leave

Tim

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.