[Linux-cluster] cman startup issue

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 13:15:29 UTC 2007

gordan at bobich.net wrote:

>>> That fixed the aisexec problem, but the "Can't find local node name in
>>> cluster.conf" problem remains, and cman still won't start. :-(
>>
>> Well, it won't start if it can' find the local node name in
>> cluster.conf ...
>> Have you double-checked that the name(s) in cluster.conf match those
>> on the
>> ethernet interfaces ?
>
> You mean as in:
> <eth name="eth1" mac="my:ma:ca:dd:re:ss" ip="10.1.2.3"
> mask="255.255.255.0"/>
> ?
>
> If so, then yes, I checked it about 10 times. That was the first thing I
> thought was wrong. :-(

As I don't have your cluster.conf or access to your DNS server it's hard to say
from here, but that message does mean what it says. If you have older software
it might not detect anything other than the node's main hostname, but later
versions will check all the interfaces on the system for something that matches
anything in cluster.conf.

I see you're using eth1 so make sure you do have an up-to-date cman.

--
Patrick