Re: [Linux-cluster] software disk mirroring (raid-1) and cluster?

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Lon Hohberger wrote:

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 13:00 -0500, Jeff Wasilko wrote:
Hi:

We're considering moving an application from Solaris (and Sun's cluster
software) to Linux (and RHCS). The application (campus-wide mail) has
stringent data availability requirements, so currently we are doing
host-based mirroring between 2 totally separate hardware arrays.

Can I use the MD (multi-device) software to mirror under RHCS?

You can't use md from multiple nodes in a cluster in a sane way.  It
might work, but it'd be purely accidental.

I believe the technology you need to look in to is cluster mirroring.

Yup. Look at network block devices (NDB or GNDB).

Gordan