Re: [Linux-cluster] Cluster Communications Security

I'm on the verge of reimplementing fence_apc in C to use ssh. Before I spend the time on this to be able to fence securely, I wanted to see if there's any compelling reasons I needed a private subnet anyway. I don't have any GFS, each node will have it's own copy of the web content.

I control all the hosts on the subnet so outside interference would be sending in the blind or exploiting a weakness.

I believe the luci to ricci communication uses ssh so that should be OK. Does cman ever send root passwords?

    thanks
    scottb