[Linux-cluster] fence_apc

Robert Clark cluster at defuturo.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 17:32:14 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 11:20 -0500, jim parsons wrote:

> > Please test the attached if you can, and let me know here if all is OK
> > with your switch. This is the version in the latest update that is to go
> > out next. If this agent script does not fence your node, then we can go
> > to the next step and dump the interaction, and then get this fixed fast.

  Thanks for the script. I've upgraded to fence-1.32.45-1.0.2 and
dropped in the replacement script and here's what I see:

agent "fence_apc" reports: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/sbin/fence_apc", line 832, in ?
    main()
  File "/sbin/fence_apc", line 349, in main
    do_power_off(sock)
  File "/sbin/fence_apc", line 816, in do_power_off
    x = do_power_switch(sock, "off")
  File "/sbi
agent "fence_apc" reports: n/fence_apc", line 611, in do_power_switch
    result_code, response = power_off(txt + ndbuf)
  File "/sbin/fence_apc", line 820, in power_off
    x = power_switch(buffer, False, "2", "3");
  File "/sbin/fence_apc", line 813, in power_switch
    raise "un
agent "fence_apc" reports: known screen encountered in \n" + str(lines) + "\n"
unknown screen encountered in
['3', '', '', '------- Power Supply Status ---------------------------------------------------', '', '          Primary Power Supply Status: OK', '        Secondary Power S
agent "fence_apc" reports: upply Status: OK', '', '', '     <ESC>- Back, <ENTER>- Refresh', '> ']

  I'm pretty sure this is coming about because of something around line
664 which is expecting "Outlet Control" to be option number 3 while it's
actually option number 2. The problem is that you can't rely on the
option number even for a known firmware version as the number of options
in that menu will change depending on other factors (like whether you
are logged in to the switch as an administrative user or not).

  Ante Karamatić is ending up in a different menu (Phase Monitor), but I
guess it's essentially the same problem.

	Thanks,

		Robert