[Linux-cluster] Cluster/Server Monitoring tool

Lombard, David N dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Mon Nov 19 23:01:52 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 04:37:44PM -0600, isplist at logicore.net wrote:
> Ah, now that's a nice clear picture of what's going on. I looked at the other
> one (thanks for the lead) but it seems to be MRTG style output only?
>
> Being able to put things into the database is something I like, so that I can

Don't let go of Ganglia so quickly, at least not for that reason.  Ganglia's
data is placed into an RRDtool database, which allows for access; Ganglia
is actually showing data from that DB.  You can also extract the data--the
collected stats actually, not the raw data--for arbitrary access.

Another nice feature of Ganglia is that any node can glom the data from
the multicast channel.

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.