[Linux-cluster] Tests to demonstrate Red Hat Cluster Behaviour

Ferry Harmusial ferry.harmusial at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 14:27:32 UTC 2007

Hi Everybody,

I'm looking for tests that demonstrate the characteristics of Red Hat
Cluster Behaviour.
So far, I came up with the following things myself:

normal operation:

1 Reboot node2
2 Reboot node1
3 Halt node2
4 Halt node1
5 Boot node2
6 Boot node1

hardware failures

7 On the node on which the cluster service is started:
   • Pull out first ethernet cable of the traffic bond
   • Wait for three minutes
   • Pull out second Ethernet cable of the traffic bond
8 On the node on which the cluster service is started:
   • Pull out first ethernet cable of the cluster interconnect bond
   • Wait for three minutes
   • Pull out second Ethernet cable of the cluster interconnect bond
9 On the node on which the cluster service is started:
   • Pull out the SCSI cable
10 On the node on which the cluster service is started:
   • Pull out the power cords

software failures

11 On the node on which the cluster service is started:
   • Change the cluster service init script so 'status' always returns '1'
(failure)

I'm interested in what you use your self ...

Thanks in advance,

Ferry