[Linux-cluster] modclusterd, ricci, conga needed?

Hi.

I'm running into the problem reported previously in http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2007-September/msg00223.html .

However, my question is if the modclusterd or ricci services are required for proper cluster functioning.
I found that modclusterd was taking up most of the CPU and if it is not needed I prefer to have it stopped.
I have a 2-node cluster that is sharing only an IP address.

I appreciate any feedback.
thank you
André Fernandes