Re: [Linux-cluster] Tests to demonstrate Red Hat Cluster Behaviour

I had a failure once where the kernel detected an inconsistency in the file system and mounted it read only. I'm interested in testing this but am not sure if/how I can remount read only a write mounted filesystem.

    scottb

Ferry Harmusial wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I'm looking for tests that demonstrate the characteristics of Red Hat Cluster Behaviour.
So far, I came up with the following things myself:

normal operation:

1 Reboot node2
2 Reboot node1
3 Halt node2
4 Halt node1
5 Boot node2
6 Boot node1

hardware failures

7 On the node on which the cluster service is started:
   • Pull out first ethernet cable of the traffic bond
   • Wait for three minutes
   • Pull out second Ethernet cable of the traffic bond
8 On the node on which the cluster service is started:
   • Pull out first ethernet cable of the cluster interconnect bond
   • Wait for three minutes
   • Pull out second Ethernet cable of the cluster interconnect bond
9 On the node on which the cluster service is started:
   • Pull out the SCSI cable
10 On the node on which the cluster service is started:
   • Pull out the power cords

software failures

11 On the node on which the cluster service is started:
   • Change the cluster service init script so 'status' always returns '1' (failure)

I'm interested in what you use your self ...

Thanks in advance,

Ferry