Re: [Linux-cluster] Any thoughts on losing mount?

isplist logicore net wrote:
I've unmounted the partition from one node and am now running gfs_fsck on it.
Please *don't* do that. While fsck (gfs_fsck), unmount the filesystem from *all* nodes.
There were a number of problems;

Leaf(15651992) entry count in directory 15651847 doesn't match number of entries found - is 49, found 0
Leaf entry count updated
Leaf(15651935) entry count in directory 15651847 doesn't match number of entries found - is 44, found 0
Leaf entry count updated

A very long list in fact. So, rather than Updating the countless problems, would I be better off to simply reformat the storage with GFS?

Your call ...

Few things (for next time):
1. Any fsck should be run *without* being mounted. In GFS case, you should unmount the filesystem from all nodes.
2. All filesystem has their own fsck. So please be aware the difference.
3. For any tool you never use before, please at least browse thru the man page (in GFS case, "man gfs_fsck").
4. If you want to redo mkfs, *unmount* the current partition from all nodes.

-- Wendy