[Linux-cluster] GFS Performance Problems (RHEL5)

James Chamberlain jamesc at exa.com
Wed Nov 28 00:40:42 UTC 2007

Hi Paul,

In my experience with the VTrak M500i, it didn't seem like it could handle
active multipathing.  When I tried to use both interfaces simultaneously
rather than fail over between them, my throughput to the disks dropped to
less than 1 MB/s.  It looks like they've made some improvements in the
VTrak M610i, such as link aggregation, so this may not be applicable for
your newer hardware.

You might want to check the management interface of your VTrak and see if
anything interesting is going on when everything freezes up on you.  You
might also want to check dmesg and your syslogs to see if you see anything
about the iSCSI session being lost and reestablished.

Regards,

James Chamberlain