[Linux-cluster] I give up

Kevin Anderson kanderso at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 16:45:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 08:11 -0800, Scott Becker wrote:
> I have to conclude that between lingering issues from the switch to
> Openais and overall project immaturity, that Cluster Suite is not
> suitable for production use. I will not be renewing Advanced Platform or
> Premium Support. I have been suckered by marketing hype. RH is still my
> favorite OS but I must look elsewhere for failover functionality.
>
> I've learned a lot during the last month but other than that it's been a
> waste of time that I can't afford. You Redhat guys might consider having
> a meeting about adopting Heartbeat or getting serious about finishing
> Cluster Suite. "Serious" should include real documentation. Interactive
> documentation would be a great way to let the community contribute.

Sorry to hear you were unable to get it to work.  Going back through
your postings over the last month, it looks like you have been trying to
setup a two node cluster with quorum disk that provides a failover
environment.  Would a simple button in conga that does that have been
useful?

Also, you mention lingering issues about openais, but didn't see
anything in your posts that describe any problems in that space.  Can
you be more specific?

We are serious about making Cluster Suite correct for our customers and
are very concerned when things don't work out for people.

Kevin