Re: [Linux-cluster] I give up

Scott Becker wrote:
jr wrote:
from my understanding a failover domain is required whenever you want
other nodes to take over a service. the subset is if you make it
restricted, isn't it?
regards,
johanne
From:
https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/en-US/RHEL510/Cluster_Administration/s1-config-failover-domain-conga-CA.html

"Failover domains are not required for operation."

    scottb

Not required doesn't mean not necessary for your particular situation.....

This tip/note was added with version 4.5.
I'm using 4.4 on almost all (two-node) clusters, except one that has version 4.5.
They all have failover domains and are working fine....

I think we should wait for some feedback from the developers, since they know the software a lot better and can explain this situation to greater extent...

Greets,
Marcos David