[Linux-cluster] SCSI 2 vs SCSI 3 reservation

Is there a document that clearly explains the difference between SCSI 2 reserve/release and SCSI 3 persistent reservation?

My understanding of the SCSI reservation in a Cluster environment is that one node Only can reserve a LUN for write access.

In my 2 node RHEL 4.5 cluster I’ve noticed that both nodes are registered with my LUNs from my SAN storage array. Only one of them holds the reservation but both can access it for Read/Writes.

Thanks.

Abdel…