Re: [Linux-cluster] Linux clustering (one-node), GFS, iSCSI, clvmd (lock problem)

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Wendy Cheng wrote:

 Ouch.  Good to know.  If I use raw devices can I grow and shrink volumes?
 The specific need is to be able to take a physical devices out of service
 (ie, one of my iSCSI devices) so that I can restripe it or replace it.

But you can also run lock_nolock on top of LVM partition, *any* LVM partition, cluster or not... Why going thru so much troubles for a local filesystem ?

Yeah, I've been wondering that myself...

Gordan