Re: [Linux-cluster] Linux clustering (one-node), GFS, iSCSI, clvmd (lock problem)

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Paul Risenhoover wrote:

> Ouch. Good to know. If I use raw devices can I grow and shrink > volumes? The specific need is to be able to take a physical devices out > of service (ie, one of my iSCSI devices) so that I can restripe it or > replace it.

 But you can also run lock_nolock on top of LVM partition, *any* LVM
 partition, cluster or not... Why going thru so much troubles for a local
 filesystem ?

I'm planning on adding nodes as necessary.  I'm future-proofing!

You would be better off using a decently architected SAN solution to cover that aspect. You'd get better performance, lower RAID disk overheads, and better scalability.

Gordan