Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS cluster / DLM locking - Mostly idle but high load

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Marc Grimme wrote:

I cannot find these files in /proc (that's where they are implied to be in
the docs). Can you please point me in the right direction?

Sorry I new I forgot something ;-)
http://www.opensharedroot.org/Members/marc/blog/blog-on-dlm/red-hat-dlm-__find_lock_by_id/influence-of-locktable-sizes-rsbtbl_size-lkbtbl_size

I found that page when I went looking for docs on the subject, but as per my other email, I don't appear to have /proc/cluster. :-O

Do you have lot of small files?

Yes. The problem doesn't seem to be so bad when files are in different
directories, but when lots of files are being written to the same
directory, the load goes up quite badly.

Then this should help. Also enable lock_purging if not already done.

That doesn't seem to work for me. :-(

# gfs_tool settune / glock_purge 50
gfs_tool: can't change tunable parameter glock_purge: Invalid argument

Gordan