[Linux-cluster] CLVM and SCSI-3 Reservations

Is CLVM a requirement for SCSI-3 Persistent Reservations to work on a RHEL 5.0 native cluster?

I have a 2-node cluster. If I build my file system directly on the devices /dev/sdb /dev/sdd etc.., there are no Persistent Reservations being established on my storage array. If use LVM2 to create logical volumes and build my FS on top of them, I see the persistent reservations being established.

Thanks.

Abdel…