Re: [Linux-cluster] CLVM and SCSI-3 Reservations

Sadek, Abdel wrote:
Is CLVM a requirement for SCSI-3 Persistent Reservations to work on a RHEL 5.0 native cluster?

Yes.

I have a 2-node cluster. If I build my file system directly on the devices /dev/sdb /dev/sdd etc.., there are no Persistent Reservations being established on my storage array. If use LVM2 to create logical volumes and build my FS on top of them, I see the persistent reservations being established.

The scsi_reserve script looks for clvm volumes, then discovers the devices in those volumes. If you do not have a clvm volume, then you won't find any devices and thus you won't see any reservations.

Ryan