[Linux-cluster] Two node question

Scott Becker scottb at bxwa.com
Mon Oct 29 17:59:45 UTC 2007

I don't have a favorite node, I just want to have failover protection
when it's running on two nodes because I've removed the third for
updates and fs checks.

I need the group's wisdom to make sure that's it's likely that the
cluster will continue to operate down to one functioning node without
the two_node="1" switch.

If the IP tie-breaker counts for one vote, will the good node maintain
quorum? Will luci adjust the votes needed properly for this when I make
the third node leave? If one node fails and a second node fails before I
fix the first, will quorum be maintained in the last node standing
(without two_node="1")? I'm not sure what all two_node changes about voting.

    thanks
    scottb