[Linux-cluster] GFS and iscsi problem

Paweł Mastalerz pawel.mastalerz at mainseek.com
Tue Sep 4 11:41:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have some problem with gfs cluster and iscsi VTrak M500i.

Cluster structure looks like that:each of 14 nodes is connected to
vtrack and have sdb7 disc mounted with GFS.Right now 6 machines are
using thath disc to read&write images.Those 6 machines, on which is that
site stored, are plugged to LB. Scheme looks like that:

			*iscsi*
			  | |
			<switch>
		  |	|     |	    |
		node1 node2 node3 node4... etc

config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster name="webnews" config_version="1">.
          <clusternodes>
            <clusternode name="www1" votes="1">
              <fence>
                <method name="1">
                  <device name="blade" ipaddr="192.168.3.42" blade="1"/>
                </method>
              </fence>
            </clusternode>
            <clusternode name="www2" votes="1">
              <fence>
                <method name="1">
                  <device name="blade" ipaddr="192.168.3.43" blade="2"/>
                </method>
              </fence>
            </clusternode>

(...)

 From time to time there is a problem on one of those nodes with loosing
connection to iscsi, when that happens the whole GFS is blocked and the
rest of the nodes has no access to that partition (sdb7) :(
Question - Why is GFS blocking access to that directory for all nodes if
on the node (which cause problems) connection to SCSI has been recovered?
I suppose that is GFS fault, but why logs dont show that? The only thing
i can do now is to reload cluster and GFS.

--
Pawel Mastalerz
pawel[dot]mastalerz[at]mainseek[dot]com